Damper Spoon Polish/Coating

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:50:19 -0500

Thank you Roger. I'll do all below. The hanger clips are crumbling apart =
for some reason, so I will be replacing those, but I'll keep your tips =
in mind for the next one.

Terry Farrell
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jolly roger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 9:01 PM
  Subject: Re: Damper Spoon Polish/Coating

  Hi Terry,
                 Spray or paint Prolube on both the spoons and and =
lifter rod, micro teflon powder on the damper lever felt, and it will be =
trouble free for years.
  Remember to align the lifter rod hangers for even lift,  and rebush =
the hanger clips.  Melt parafine wax into the bushing cloth,  If you =
feel you have to glue the bushing cloth into the clips, use burn =
shellac.  I don't bother gluing them in, as I feel it keeps the felt =
more resilient.

  Roger