Shipping a piano from Overseas

Kuang Wang wang@datanaut.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:49:18 -0500

Hi all,

I'm shipping my Boesendorfer from Vienna to the states.  Has any of you
shipped a grand from overseas?  If so, I would appreciate some advise.

So far I've contacted 2 shipping companies and they're gonna get back to me
on the cost (air and sea).  One of them may "pack" the piano so I don't even
need to be there in Vienna.

This piano has 92 keys so it's probably the model 225.  I'm considering
shipping the keys separately because of Ivory problems.  Or even strip down
the ivory keys and make a new set at Pianotek.

As soon as it's shipped here I will be looking to sell it.  HOpefully the
lack of ivory keys won't affect the price too much...  Does anyone know if
new keys would depreciate the value?

Last but not least.  If you know a technician in Vienna who can help me,
please let me know.  Boesendorfer doesn't encourage people shipping their
pianos to other countries so I need external help.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post!

Kuang Wang
DataNaut, Inc.
www.datanaut.com