Cordier temperament

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:25:02 -0500

Hello Inäki,

This is basically a pure fifths temperament. I've had a customer with a 9'
Falcone that inssisted that I tune this temperament on his piano. What I've
found is that it does give the piano much more brilliance in the treble, but
I found that it was too much stretch for my taste. Double octave were about
2bps wich I found disturbing. But, this is what he wanted. When checking the
tuning, it was too much stretch, but when he played the piano, it sounded
fine. So again, we should be careful to keep the goal in mind. We must tune
for music, not for tuning test.

Marcel Carey
2852 Dussault
Rock Forest  QC
J1N 2V6
(819) 564-0447
mcpiano@globetrotter.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Iñaki Coello
Sent: 13 décembre, 2001 06:50
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Cordier temperament

Anybody tested the Cordier temperament? I have readed about it but I don´t
know the result. Anyboy of you tried and can give me your opinion?
And more: how can you do the central scale for this temperament?
It is in one book called "piano bien tempere et justesse orchestrale" by
Serge Cordier (sorry, I write the tittle by memory, but even I can´t
understand French language so maybe I have much more mistakes in this
language than in English!)

Good holidays all (if available!)

Iñaki Coello Gómez
Valladolid. Spain