Shipping a piano from Overseas

Jon Rhee jrhee@fai-arch.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:28:21 -0500

Kuang,

If the customs route doesn't work for the ivory situation, International
Piano Supply has a source (an American museum I think selling their surplus
pre-ban tusks) which is working with a reputable Ivory cutter to produce NEW
ivory piano keys.  So I suppose if you had to, you could remove your ivories
and replace them with these new legal ivories and only for the small sum of
around 2,000 dollars if I remember correctly.  Maybe a last resort.

Jon Rhee
Weymouth, MA