Cracked plate

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:31:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi Todd,

It's interesting that you should bring up what
liablity insurance covers.

Honestly, I have to wonder if liability insurance
is basically a crock of excrement that we're all
but "required" to carry just to say that we do.

When I got mine, I asked my agent what it
covered.  I never did get an understandable
answer.  But my repeated inquiries of "Does it
cover...?" kept geting "No" after "No".  Errors
and omissions?  Good luck.  Accidents?  Good
luck.

Needless to say, I've never had a claim.  Nothing
would be covered anyway!

Rant over.

Brian T.

--- Todd Mapes <mapes_piano@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Word from another technician who went through
> the same thing is that the liability insurance
> didn't help a bit.
> He was told that If it wasn't his fault, then
> the liability insurance wouldn't pay
> (manufacturer's liability, not the tuner's),
> and if it was his fault, due to incompetence or
> negligence, that he wouldn't be covered,
> either.
>
> Todd

=====
Brian Trout