piano supply houses

Barrie Heaton piano@a440.co.uk
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:26:25 +0000

In message <00b101c18497$9bd8f660$e7f2a118@tampabay.rr.com>, Farrell
<mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com> writes
>I believe I am right on the following: International Piano Supply is some
>dude out west that orders supplies from Schaff/Pianotek/etc., adds his
>100% markup, and sells to the public. That's it. If you are a technician,
>you would be better off buying direct from Schaff/Pianotek/etc. If you
>are not a technician, and the supply houses will not sell to you, you
>can go to International Piano Supply and pay twice what techs pay
>from the real supply houses.

None of the UK supply houses will sell direct to the great unwashed but
they will direct them to a music shop / piano tuner.  We then put 150%
on top :-)   What is interesting is Renner UK and possibly Renner
Germany don't sell to the great unwashed; however, I see Renner USA
sells direct from the website.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/