M&H AA3, was Steinway L action problem

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 22:28:08 -0800

>Has anyone on the list ever run across heavy touch from missing =
weights?

Yes.  And stranger things.  Once I found that someone had backleaded all =
the keys (putting lead behind the balance rail) pushing the static DW up =
to 70 grams+.   Wasn't too evident upon first examination.  That's why a =
through examination of the action and weighing several samples and  =
their component parts is important before proposals are made.  Yours =
worked out in a direction that didn't require you to go back and ask for =
more money to fix it properly.  That can sometimes be difficult after =
someone has accepted you proposal.  I always charge for diagnosing =
action problems and prefer to take the action to the shop to do it. =20

David Love