"commuting" mileage

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:38:36 -0500

Jon,

I would like to expand on this a bit.  My understanding regarding your
"flat rate" is that this is acceptable with the IRS, provided you can
produce your calculations that would show these percentages are
reasonable, if they ever ask to see them.  And certainly the percentages
will vary from person to person.

One word of caution for everyone:  do not assume that if a deduction is
not challenged by the IRS, that it therefore would be accepted if you
were audited.  There is no doubt in my mind that a considerable
percentage of citizens get away with tax fraud year after year and never
get caught.

Regards,
Clyde