quick question b4 i go on vacation (bridge pin)

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:39:16 EST

In a message dated 12/18/01 1:21:44 PM Central Standard Time,
stephen_airy@yahoo.com writes:

> What would you say is the limit on how far a bridge
> pin can be pushed out of its socket before it's time
> to repair it?  The speaking length bridge pin for the
> right string on the highest bichord in my upright has
> been recently pushed out at least the diameter of the
> bridge pin if not farther, but it's not yet giving me
> noticeable false beats or other problems, and it's
> holding its tune so far...

Stephen:

My first thought is, if it is not doing any harm, leave well enough alone.
On the other hand, you never know when this will become a problem. Therefore,
if you have the time now, fix it.

Wim