Poll

Don drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 00:14:43 -0600

Hi Chris,

As you know I went from ETD to aural--I had no one close enough to help me
with the learning curve--and convetions are brief and fleeting affairs--and
we didn't have the resource called the internet! As far as no need I do
qualify but as far as no desire I fail. The Etd's are a tool. Why should I
*not* use them? Particularly for pitch corrections where they make our
lives so much easier? (and better for the client as well)

I do not understand your reluctance to use tools Chris. Would you suggest
we hand drill as well? Perhaps you could explain your position on Etd's
more fully?

I rarely follow an aural tuner who is competant. Errors in the temperament
have been as much as 26 cents from the results I wish to use. (That, by the
way was on a Steinway D) I guess an error of 26 cents would qualify as a
"hysterical temperament"? LOL!

At 09:54 AM 12/22/01 -0700, you wrote:

>>We hear lots from people who go from Aural to ETD tuning.  How many out
>>there have gone from ETD to Aural tuning.  By aural tuning I mean that
>>there is no need or desire to use an ETD.  My vote is one.
>

>Chris.
>

>  http://www.cadvision.com/cgregg

Regards,

mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca