Stored Tunings v/s FAC

Don drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 00:18:24 -0600

Hi John,

I believe that humidity effects require fresh FAC's each and every time in
my location. But some few areas are extremely stable as far as humidity. Or
if the piano is properly equipped with a DC system, the effects are limited
to the changes in barometric pressure which changes the partial pressure
and therefore the moisture content of the sound board.

At 01:54 PM 12/22/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Now that the ETD's are being discussed, I have a question.
>I can see initially where the programmed tunings for certain models,
>would be an advantage, since the FAC was not available.
>But I feel it is better to do a new FAC each time for a different piano.
>The exception to a new FAC each time, would be as someone has said,
>they do, is to tweak it each time till it was 'perfect', on a specific
>piano.
>Let me know what you think.
>Regards,
>John M. Ross