general poll-please participate

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 00:18:04 EST

Hi list,

  I have been watching the posts come in concerning this poll,and it seems a
lot of
people seem intimidated by etd tuners,or etds.I wonder if it is concerning
maybe the art being threatened,for we know that a good tuning can be acheived
either way,with aural checks.I was a piano major at Berklee College in
Boston,in the mid 70's. I was
consumed with jazz,and the art of it.I had a friend was thought I was
crazy,he said the education was strictly to go out and earn money.After
starving for years playing jazz and original music,I went on the road with a
national act,making big bucks.After a while I realized that there was room
for both.Sometimes I want to tune aurally and
consume the day with it,sometimes I want 5 FAC tuning and get home and ride
my Harley Davidson. I don't feel I've cheated either customer,as they both
end up with a good tuning.I know I'm chasing a rabbit(as my Pastor says),but
technology isn't going to stop for any of us,and I'm glad that there are
great technicians out there braving the way,for the future up and coming
techs, as well as for myself. One post wrote he felt superior over the etd
user,I wonder if the cowboy straddling a horse felt the same way,watching the
steam locomotive go crusing by? Merry Christmas to all,and isn't life great!

Hazen Bannister
Western Carolinas Chapter