universal bass string deadness

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 07:31:38 -0500

Tommy,

It may be that what seems right to one person doesn't seem right to all.  If
there is a considerable difference in cost, I tend to use Yugo parts for a Yugo,
and Cadillac parts for a Cadillac.  Makes sense to me, although I recognize
there's a limit to how far you can take that.  For key bushing work I use the
good stuff for all pianos, since the cost of the bushing cloth is minor compared
to the cost of labor.

Regards,
Clyde