Breaking the one hour barrier

Terry Neely tlneely@mindspring.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:31:53 -0500

It may have been posted before, but I have found that my tuning time has
decreased greatly since I have started limiting myself to only one blow per
string when doing pitch raises. I use RCT for these procedures, and starting from
wire one in the bass allow myself only the sustain time of one blow to move and
set the string. Yes, some end up closer to the target than others, but this is
pitch raising not fine tuning. The more I do, the faster and more accurate I
become. The payoff is the bleed over into faster fine tunings, as I am quicker at
getting and setting the pin.
    May all of you fine folks have a happy holiday and a very prosperous new year

                    Terry Neely, RTP chapter