Tuning hammer

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:43:47 -0500

Hi Hazen. I won one of the Renner hammers with the exotic wood handles =
at the NC conference a few years ago as a door prize. I love it. You can =
use it like the thin-handled ones and it also has the ball shape at the =
end. Very, very nice. It is light-weight also.  I may also like it so =
much because I did not have to pay for it! They are expensive.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 9:56 PM
  Subject: Tuning hammer

  Hi list,=20
   My wife is apprenticing with me,and I bought her the nylon tuning =
hammer from Schaff.I have the rosewood hammer from Schaff,and she wants =
one like it.So I am=20
  wondering whether to order her one like mine,or maybe get a new one =
for myself,a different kind.I've had this hammer for years,and wonder if =
I would be comfortable switching to a different kind,there are so many =
new designs available now,and I'm=20
  not really knowledgeable about whats available.I would appreciate some =
input,maybe some of you have switched to a newer kind of hammer.=20
  Thanks,Hazen Bannister=20
  Western Carolinas Chapter=20