Schiller 1914

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:57:49 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <JWyatt1492@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 10:06 AM
Subject: Schiller 1914

. They did indeed use some
| metal "clips" as an experiment on a few pianos.  It was
| much like the "clips" used by Schumann on some of
| their bridges. The difference is that Schumann used the
| "clips" on all the bridges.  I have found no benefit in this
| method also no down side in performance.  After looking
| at it I think it's cost would be less than  pins and would
| eliminate much if not all of the problems with splitting bridges.

Yes I think the "bridge clips"  are more efficient esp on the manuf
side.  the bridge itself was a flat surface supporting the "clips"  so no
notching.
really surprised no one else used this after the patent expired.   These
"clips" seem like they could be put in after the strings were on thus
ensuring exact position.
    The most important question, tone, I didn't notice any remarkable
difference.
Which makes one wonder if this an over looked innovation? I would like to
see Wapin look into this     ---ric