ratchet tuner

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 07:14:23 -0500

There are these hardy pioneer types who want to do themselves everything
they possibly can.  I used to be one of them, out of financial
necessity.  Nowadays, if I think my D-I-Y jobs will be substandard, I am
more prone to tune some extra pianos and use that money to pay someone
to come in and do the work for me.

On Dec. 21 I did something that is a little out of the ordinary for me.
I actually invited help from the client!  But the job was replacing
elbows with the Vagias snap-on type, so you know a good bit of the work
can be done by a non-technician.  My beginning helper was a pleasant
strapping 19-year-old guy who was home for the holidays.  The mom and a
younger boy helped for a while, too.  I think we all enjoyed the
process, and they probably saved about fifty bucks.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA