Palm hints

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:57:46

Hi everyone, Happy New Year to all-

I'm just catching up on some old posts.  Here's what I've done to put my
piano info on the palm without any special software.  (I'm still looking for
an integrated/printing program to switch it all over to)

In the address book, create a piano catagory.  Import all your clients from
your database.  You have 4 custom lines, I use the first two for directions.
(because of how the screen displays info on my Palm III.  One is used for
the piano type/serial number.  Every record can have a note attached.  I
enter only the crucial information from each visit. (what temperament,
humidity, how far flat/sharp to start, any extra work, total charged that
day.  Most normal tunings fit on one line.  With one glance at the Note
screen you can look back over years of tuning records.

I did get one of those folding keyboards for xmas.... ohhhhh a new toy!  It
has made data entry much quicker, and looks cool too.

So.. this has forced me to pre-print invoices, hand write only the humidity,
pitch info and total.  Enter info on the palm, and then catch up the big
database off of the palm..  More steps than I'd like to take, but is saves
dragging the 'puter and printer into each appointment.  I still do bring
everything in if it's a unplanned stop, or for the big multi-piano stuff at
the college.

Just thought I'd pass it along in case it could help anyone.

Ron Koval