palm pilot

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:39:26 -0500

MessageI've been using the iPAQ for 6 full months now and find that I can
tune all day on a single charge PROVIDING that I use it in battery save
lighting mode. I find that if I can position the unit to get under some kind
of light (doesn't need much really), I don't have to use so much battery. I
find that Tunelab's display is more easily seen than RCT. I don't care for
the color depth. I prefer longer battery life.

Marcel Carey, RPT
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Dale Probst
  Sent: 31 décembre, 2001 12:08
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: RE: palm pilot

  Jeannie,
  I didn't have a Palm but Elizabeth has had one for years. As to user
friendly, I picked up an iPAQ and started using it immediately without
having to learn graffitti. I have been using DOS/Windows since it came out
so that may have helped. TuneLabPocket is actually more user friendly than
TuneLabPro, in my opinion. As to battery life, it will tune a half a day
without charging. I either charge at lunch, switch to a Toshiba Libretto
that has TuneLabPro on it or get out the ol' tuning fork. Sure I wish it
would go all day but the state of the art on color screen current
requirements and batteries is what it is. I can usually plug in if I need to
and the iPAQ will maintain memory for quite a while until I can charge up.
  Not the ultimate solution but works for me, your mileage may vary.
  Best,
  Dale