gnewell/dyna2

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 00:32:25 -0500

I just finished a once through on the main lid and had similar results as last
time. I lathered on a coat thick enough not to be able to see through. (for
those who haven't seen the product yet, it's green but translucent when used in
a thin layer). It was thickly applied with no thin areas at all and left on for
about 1 1/2 hrs. .  I did not see this post before I went back at it so I did
not apply over top of the first coat. I'm not sure I could have applied anyway
because the previous coat was kind of sloppy by that time. Any reapplication
would have just smeared the first coat around. It still was hanging in vertical
though.
    After all this I still found it necessary to reapply. There were spots that
didn't come clean but i really didn't see them until I cleaned off the piece.
Water was useless and just smeared the left over product around and then it
wouldn't come off of the wash rag. I switched to denatured alcohol with
somewhat better results. I think that the claim of being able to strip a piano
with only one gallon of product is false. If I had to do the whole thing this
way I could see it taking a very long time. I am also beginning to question the
cost effectiveness. Seems like we're talking about roughly $100 in stripper.
Wow! not to mention the time. Any thoughts?

Greg

--
Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté