Yamaha U3 puzzler

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:16:28 -0800

Hi list,

Can anyone please confirm for me the manufacture date of the following
Yamaha U3? The serial# is: H 2084987. My atlas indicates about 1979, but no
letter "H" is indicated anywhere; only "T" or "U".

The owner's SWEAR that they bought it BRAND NEW about 3 years ago from
"Merril's Music", which, they tell me, is no longer in business. The piano
surely appears new, and the bench is padded, as all the current Yam Verts
are now, and I assume Yamaha was not making that kind of bench 20+ years
ago...or were they? The owner's claim it has never really been played, and
indeed, by all appearances, looks quite new.
Please help asap! thanks!

Terry Peterson
Associate Member PTG
Los Angeles, CA