Stradivarius?

RIrvingbas@AOL.COM RIrvingbas@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 14:16:09 EST

Hi Kristinn and list,

Actually, there were a number of makers who used a Strad label inside the
violin, either to imply excellence of workmanship, or because it was a Strad
type model. Being a string player, I myself have seen many “Strads”, which
of course were not.

This leads me to a question for the list as a whole. Since the best of the
modern string instruments (violins, basses, etc.) stack up very favorably
with the best of the old makers, do you all feel that pianos compare the same
way? We asume that the instruments are in tip top shape for purposes of
comparison. What do you all think?

Ray Irving