Stradivarius?

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 15:40:08 -0500

Kristinn,

If it were my violin, I would check it out, even though the chance that it is
a fake is very high.  The encyclopedia (OK, I'm not much of a researcher) says
the violins were beautiful to look at.  Is it beautiful?  He made about 1100
instruments and the whereabouts of about 700 are known.  Also, "because the
value of Stradivarius instruments is so great, sometimes running into the
hundreds of thousands of dollars, many attempts have been made to forge them."

Regards, Clyde