Stradivarius?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 16:27:21 EST

RIrvingbas@AOL.COM writes:

> This leads me to a question for the list as a whole. Since the best of the
> modern string instruments (violins, basses, etc.) stack up very favorably
> with the best of the old makers, do you all feel that pianos compare the
> same
> way? We asume that the instruments are in tip top shape for purposes of
> comparison. What do you all think?
>
> Ray Irving

If a piano manufacturer takes the time and money to produce a well made
instrument, I think it could stack up to some of the older models. But if the
pianos is made by inexperienced factory workers, using inferior parts and bad
equipment, the end result will show. I think you could probably say thing
about string instruments.

Willem