Down-Bearing for Old Board ESTEYaND RODS

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 22:46:13 -0600

>Hey Terry
>     I just got to thinking about  those rods in that minerature estey with
>all those shims.  sounds like a mason an H. idea .  I'm bettin that if the
>board had flown out of the piano the crown would've gone with it!   Have
>seen masons lose there risidual crown   every time upon exiting the case.  I
>firmly believe the rods ( centripital resonator) idea should be standard
>equip. on all high end grands.  I've been convinced rims move and shift over
>time.
>  Please let your fans know how the little fella turns out!
>  Dale Erwin

While I tend to agree that the rods are a good idea, I can't support the
notion that they are for crown retention. They are there to stiffen and
raise the impedance of the rim. The crown is maintained by the ribs,
regardless of rim movement.

Ron N