Dyna2 again!

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 23:46:47 -0500

List and Mr. Gutlo,

    The following is another update at my attempts with Dyna2. I gave it
one more try and now have used approximately 1/3 of the gallon I
purchased to do one main lid from a 5' 6" grand. This time around the
vertical holding power of the stripper failed to hold vertically. The 1
1/4 hr. I had the stripper on the lid it sagged and slid down. It did
not remove everything cleanly but even more disturbing was that the
vertical edge veneer got wet enough for long enough that it came off in
spots. I now have a fair amount of repair to do that I would not have
had to do with a conventional stripper.
    I'm sorry Mr. Gutlo but I cannot recommend this product based on my
experiences. I'm sure that others of you may have had luck with it and
like it but I don't think I can continue to use it. Perhaps there is
another product that is non-toxic that will serve better and not cause
problems such as I have encountered. I would like to see something that
comes off in a sheet perhaps and doesn't liquefy over the time it sits
on the surface being stripped. I had hoped for easier cleanup with Dyna2
but this is not the case.
    If you are still offering a refund for the unused portion of the
product I would like to reconsider and take you up on your offer. I
leave this up to your discretion. I feel no ill will toward you or your
other products but I'm afraid that this one will not serve my needs.

regards,

Greg
--
Greg Newell