Termites!

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:30:31 -0500

Terry,

You finally found it.  I've been looking for an excuse to use a Tesla coil
in piano work. <grin>

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - TEAM2001
July 11-15, 2001 - Reno, NV
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm
Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Dale Probst, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 10:28 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Termites!

Hey, thanks Ron. I wonder if the following treatment would hurt the piano -
like maybe pop a soundboard out or summthin?

Heat is allowed to reach 45 degrees celsius (120 F) for 35 minutes to 50
degrees celsius (130 F) for 1 hour.

The one that sounds really cool though is the following:

Electrical shock of low current (~0.5 amps), high voltage (90,000 volts).

Wohwa. ZZZZZZZZZZZZaaaaaaaPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com