Grey Market etc.

Wed, 07 Feb 2001 23:02:04 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> > Each and every grey market piano sold probably would be quite allright indeed
> > if treated appropriately.
> > --
> > Richard Brekne
>
> Correct. The appropriate treatment being to leave them in the climate, if not
> the country, for which they were built.

Thats not what I meant....grin... but then you knew that.  Seriously tho if an
instrument is shipped correctly, and given  good climatic conditions then it will
be fine.

My beef with these grey market pianos is that no attempt is apparently made
anywhere along the line to guard against the kinds of problems that a change in
climatic conditions presents, while then being misrepresented in wayyyy to many
cases as being either "just as good as new" or just plain not mentioning where they
come from or under what conditions.

But again... if more people knew more about what pianos are and what kind of
treatment they need, then perhaps a more critical puplic eye would be trained on
this as well as other related piano problem areas.

Course, its not as fun as just bashing about the concept of "Grey Market Pianos"
Why doesnt anyone mention Kawaii in all this ??? just wondering.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.