Non standard Pitch

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:59:08 -0800

Don't  worry, as  all modern  pianos are designed with a safety factor =
that will withstand tensions much higher than you describe. In the =
northeast our @ pitch pianos can go 25 cents sharp each spring .In 26 =
years I've only seen 2 broken  plates, one was a square and one a =
Brambach . Question to our more articulate members concerning this -- =
How high could one pitch a modern piano as described before calamity?   =
Tom Driscoll
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: romanop@attglobal.net=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 2:51 PM
  Subject: Non standard Pitch

  Hi List,
  =20
  What is the opinion of the more knowledgeable list members regarding =
tuning to non standard pitch? I've had a request to tune my rental C-7 =
to A 443 and am a little reticent to do so. Though I have tuned up =
slightly in the past (441), I'm concerned about the effect of the =
additional tension such an increase will have on the piano. What say you =
all?
  =20
  Phil Romano
  romanop@attglobal.net