Non standard Pitch

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:08:45 EST

romanop@attglobal.net writes:

> Hi List,
>
> What is the opinion of the more knowledgeable list members regarding tuning
> to non standard pitch? I've had a request to tune my rental C-7 to A 443
> and am a little reticent to do so. Though I have tuned up slightly in the
> past (441), I'm concerned about the effect of the additional tension such
> an increase will have on the piano. What say you all?
>
> Phil Romano

A 443 is not out of range of what a piano can handle. The instrument can take
the extra tension. But, I would certainly charge extra. Not only for doing a
pitch raise to bring the piano up to A443, but also to do a pitch lowering,
to bring it back down. In other words, I don't see anything wrong with
charging this customer the price of 2 pitch raises and 2 tunings.

Willem