Fw: new ivory info

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:35:01 -0500

At 7:03 PM -0500 2/8/01, Farrell wrote:
>For George. This is all I know.
>
>  > http://www.brownfieldpiano.com/ Check out their website. They install ivory
>>  & bone. I have heard very good things about bone - about half the cost. I
>  > have no personal experience with Brownfield Piano. Also there was
>a guy that
>>  had a vendor table at Arlington that sold new ivory and bone in various
>>  thicknesses if you were planning on doing it yourself or whatever. I don't
>  > have his name.

Don't worry, up here in MA and NH we know Gary Brownfield very well.
He's probably selling you Tom Rouark's ivory work. Tom gets his
material from from David Warther (?), and Tom's work is meticulous.
Tom is the one you should be interested in. His PN is 978-369-5366.
He's currently laying a set of .085" ivory on a D keyboard for me.
Allan Day (VT Chapter) had him do an new ivory keyboard also.

Bill Ballard RPT

"May you work on interesting pianos."
     ...........Ancient Chinese Proverb