journal on cd

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 17:07:05 -0600

Hi Kent,

What you suggest is what I was trying to do--however there is a difference
between the *old* index on the reprint cd and the new 20 year ones. It
seems there is no way to add it to the global search without a file called
index.pdx--and there is *not* one on the reprint cd.

I can of course search the reprint file on it's own--but I was hoping for
the global search.

At 04:40 PM 02/09/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>on 2/9/01 4:14 PM, Don at drose@dlcwest.com wrote:
>
>There should be 2 ways to do this.
>
>Assuming that the reprint CD is copied on the hard drive with the 4 CD's of
>the 21-year set, simply run the "piano.pdf" file from the reprint CD. This
>should automatically load the index file.
>
>Alternatively, you could manually load the reprint CD index file into the
>Reader by going to the Search window, clicking on the "Indexes" button, then
>the "Add" button, and navigating into the Reprint CD folders and loading the
>index.pdx file into the Search list. The list of indexes should include the
>4 Journal CD's plus the index file for the reprint CD which is listed as
>"PianoTech".
>
>I'm interested to know if you encounter problems with this.
>
>Kent Swafford

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/