piano string cleaning?

thepianoarts thepianoarts@home.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:10:29 -0500

Terry,

    I doubt if you have the type of treble wire that is plated.  3 M sells a
varity (from fine to course) of 'steel wool replacment' pads. Use the 'rust'
colored one, that also states that it is suitable for metal polishing. The
'white' variey is too fine. Throw away the polita, and steel wool for this
job. These 3M pads cut fast, and allow you to get close to the bridge pins
and aggraffs without too much finger damage. (Bundle it up.) Don't use it on
bass wire.

Dan Reed
Dallas Texas Chapter