reminder cards

ILEENKM@AOL.COM ILEENKM@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:33:54 EST

Hi!  When I first moved into  town(Ithaca,  NY)  20 years ago I worked for  a
technician who had  what I thought was a wonderful way of  doing things, and
I have  successfully used it in my  own  business .  He would ask  a new
customer after the tuning was completed if they would like to be on a
call-back system.  If they said yes he would  determine  the frequency of
tunings  per year  with them  and put them on his call-back list.  If they
said no, he would wait for them to contact him for the next tuning.  Almost
everyone  will say yes- I have found this to be true  90%  of the time.  I
love this way of doing things because I  can set up my schedule from week to
week,  choosing people who are due for tunings  in the same area and thereby
minimizing my  travel.  People are  always glad to  hear from me and I lose
few  customers  this way.   It allows me  to control the flow of my my
business and  avoids the whole  reminder card thing which I find to be a
nuisance.  It does mean that you have to  make the calls, but  since  the
customers are  waiting for  you to call it is  not awkward.  Just  wanted to
pass this on.    Ileen Kaplan,  RPT  Southern Tier Chapter