reminder cards

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 21:21:50 EST

In a message dated 2/10/01 2:13:19 PM Central Standard Time,
bholden@wave.co.nz writes:

> Terry
>
> I agree with Wim on this one.  Why have them mail a reply?  Perhaps they
> will return the card but with a "no thanks" written on it.  For several
> years I have sent out my reminders as part of a newsletter (A4 sheet folded
> into thirds) - very low key but gets the message across.  I phone the
> customers about a week later and the response is very good.  Even if a
> booking is not made there and then, the contact has been made and you'll
> probably get a call a few months later.  No hard sell, just good public
> relations.
>
> Brian Holden, New Zealand

Brian, Terry, etc,

I used to do a newsletter. It had all sorts of neat things in there, like
what I sold, my wife and mine 25th wedding anniversary trip we took, tips on
keeping the piano clean, and a reminder to get the piano tuned. In the five
year of sending out the newsletter, only two people ever mentioned anything
about it.

Then I started sending our postcards, and the number of tuning I increased.
The reason is because a post card is easier to put on the refrigerator or
bulletin board than a newsletter. While it is there is a reminder to call me.
The post cards are also a bright yellow, which shows up more on the board.

Willem