Roger's Historical Terpitude OT: was.... Grey Market

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 09:00:04 EST

Roger, the underprepared instrument King, wrote:)

<<"Now, Now, Brother Jim, some corrections are definitely in order here.">>

Why thank you for acknowledging such Massah Jolly.

<<"The centre, ( please note the correct spelling)  is London at zero
meridian,  all measurements are taken from there.  They have a white line
marked on the banks of the Thames to prove it.">>

 Quite a bit of misinformation here Mr. J.................
a.) From Schaff international dictionary........... the correct spelling of
center is...surprise........... center!
b.) London is actually at 0 degrees,10 minutes Longitutde and 51 degrees, 30
minutes Latitude...ergo obviously not the "centre" of anything.
c.) It is not a "white line", it is a white stone marker and it is located in
Greenwhich (which I think is in Conneticut USA but I could be wrong)
d.) The white stone marker was given to England by Shaka Zulu to comemerate
the Zulu wars....... that is why it is called either 'Zulu time' or because
of the notorious uncivility of the city council 'Greenwhich Mean Time'.

<<"Now about Hastings, Battle thereof. fought in 1066, quite close to Dover,
the white cliffs kind of place.
Some French guy named Bill to his friends seemed to have come out on top">>

No, no Roger the Battle of Hastings was fought in 1956. The cause of this
battle was the desire of the local potato(e) growers and the cabbage growers
to cart their goods at the same time and there not being enough cartage
avalable to do both at once. The fighting started at the local trucking
common in Hastings, FL and ended after Bubbas Rotreiler was shot and killed
daid. Before that though the fighting swirled around many communities and
even included Switzerland....which is why the Swiss are now a neutral
county....not wanting to be involved in any more ugly family disputes.

Bubbas dog what died, his name was SicEm, is immortified by a survey stake
topped with an old Boudweiser can just outside the Elkton Bar and
Grill.............course truth be told that SicEm was a nasty dog cause ever
timewhat Bubba called that dog...well the danged dog just hauled off and bit
the closest person to him....then there's the time where SicEm got after the
Mayor and his cat, but that is jus to gruesome to tell in mixed
company..............

<<"Magna Carta: the worlds first Bill of rights. Signed on the Isle of
Runnymede. A small dot in the middle of the Thames. Signed in1215. King
John one of the more despotic rulers was force to sign.">>

No argument here....I am so glad that your sense of true history is
unimpaired on this accord. I don't know why you bring this up though? I
talked about the "Magnum Carta"................ you know the one where the
growers with the biggest guns and meanest dogs got the biggest trucks and teh
dickens with everyone else. There might have to be some changes to the
'Magnum Carta' in the near future though cause  some fool is might not being
fair. Seems that Gilroy got tired of his dogs being hurt ever year and got
him a really mean dog named "Gator" what won ever fight he got into.  Well
the local vet, a yankee good ole boy wananbe, has Gilroys dog under
observation. Danged fool thinks that "Gator" is a real gator. Danged vet
claims that all Gilroy did was get an alligator, cut his tail off, paint the
alligator yellow and called him a 'dog'.

<<"Now for real football, called soccer by Americans, the worlds most popular
sport.">>
Well of course it is.........but not everyone wants to participate in a sport
where the only requirements are to have a ball, some nuts who like to run up
and down a field, an annnoucer with great lungs and the ability to yell
scoooooooooooooooooooooooooore!! several times during a game, and fans with a
propensity to riot and kill each other. So to counter Soccer the more sedate
Americans came up with the 'real' game of football, the more gentlemanly
sport.

 Now Roger jus admit that you are wrong so we can go back to fussing bout
anonymous posts. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)