Grey Market / Wood Destuction at 4%

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 11:10:35 -0800

Hi Don,

   Grey market or not, how  does even the best of constructed boards survive
such a climactic thrashing?    Even at 20%Relative Humidity  and 70degrees
temp.,   equilibrium moisture content  is roughly 4.5 to 5% and about the
recommended e.m.c. if you were building  a pure compression style board.I.E
flat ribs& curved press(Steinway style specs.)   Do  pianos just pop like
ripe melons hitting the asphalt or  slowly self destruct or what.    So I'm
curious to know what happens over time to any  good piano with and without
humidity control.

   I mean 4%.   Lets see that's roughly  like  )_(*&%^$#$$@@!@#   NO
MOISTURE AT ALL!!!!!!! IN THE WOOD.!!!!!!

    Dale Erwin

    P.  I am from Calif after all ,this does'nt compute.