annoying?

Charles Neuman cneuman@phy.duke.edu
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:08:35 -0500 (EST)

A nontechnical observation is that my dog patiently listens while I tune
the piano. I'm surprised he's not bothered by it like humans are.

When I lived in an apartment and had my piano tuned, the upstairs
neighbors hated the sound so much that they played loud music to cover it
up. Now I realize that that must have made the tuner's job difficult. As I
recall, the tuning wasn't so good! Has anybody experienced hostile
neighbors complaining about your tuning? I'm sure it happens.

Charles Neuman
Plainview, NY