OILING INSTEAD OF WHACKING OR WAKKING??

Bill Peterson lokman@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:04:56 -0800

Does anyone remember that we used to use oil instead of whacking?  I =
cannot remember the formula.  I know it was Lockease mixed with naptha =
or kerosene or something.  I know it was not pure lockease.  We painted  =
it on with a small brush on the bridge pins, agraffes and v-bar and on =
old dirty understring felt.  Also the old timers always said they =
knocked down the strings to the bridges, and the hitch-pins and oiled =
before tuning.  It never did work its way up the strings to the tuning =
pins, as it was extremely thin and dried very fast.  I have notes on it =
from a convention, but can't find them.  Maybe someone can help.=20

Thanks for all of the whakker replies.  =20

Bill Peterson South Bay