action bedding

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:37:53 -0800

Hey, I like that!  I take it the dial indicator is set near the glide bolt.=

On 2/13/01 at 7:58 AM Overs Pianos wrote:

  How do you determine the "precise point of contact"?

>The glide bolt is adjusted down until the dial gauge reading just starts=
 to move, and until >the precise point of contact of the glide bolt with=
 the key bed is determined. This >procedure is repeated for the other glide=
 bolts. The adjustment of all bedding screws will >take no longer than 5=
 minutes.

Regards to all,

Ron O
--