ETD question re: unisons

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:31:45 -0700

At 06:04 PM 2/15/2001 +0100, Richard B. wrote:

>I am curious.... just how many of you have read Gabriel Weinreichs paper "The
>coupled motion of piano strings" ?

What a way to boost the message count (and byte count with quotes) in here!
Let's hope there aren't 300+ yes  or no responses followed by a ream of quotes.

Dr. Weinreich  wrote the excellent Scientific American article from January
of 1979 with the same title, as well as contributing one of the "Five
Lectures", which is probably the paper to which you're referring.

That lecture is available on-line at:
http://hem.fyristorg.com/5_lectures/weinreic/weinreic.html

Please read it (and bookmark it!) if you haven't, especially if you're
following this thread. The Five Lectures book and CD is my most popular
"loaner" book on pianos. Now that it's available on the WWW (sans the audio
files so far) I just give out the URL.

Speaking of which, I keep printed copies of a couple of dozen piano-related
URLS in my daytimer now and also include them in my brochures in order to
give customers some interesting places to find piano-related information on
the WWW. The response has been very positive.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom