recipe for VJ Lube

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:02:16 EST

In a message dated 2/15/01 10:24:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:

> As of 2/15/01, 10pm PST, I have called 27!! different pharmacies, (that's
> all of 'em, folks) drug stores etc, but only ONE said they can order ONLY
> the "Hydrous: type, and none I contacted said ANhydrous is even available
> for them to order! So....I assume I can use the "hydrous" version? Then, as
> asked below, does anyone have a lead on the avasilability of 100% talc? Can
> 100% vaseline ALONE be used in the interim? I surely appreciate everyone's
> help.
>
> Btw, is the melting of the vaseline necessary; won't it return to its
> original consistancy AFTER it cools down, or does the addition of lanolin &
> talc prevent that? Having checked the archives, I notice several differing
> opinions as to the ratios of each ingredient...I would very much like to
> get
> the most current consensus from the list. Thanks!
>
> Terry Peterson
> Precision Piano Service
> Torrance, CA

I called many pharmacies and got the same results until I found a local
compounder. They ordered Phamacy quality talc and I received it last week.
It is called "Talc USP", part 30-1239-454 GM. Look in the Yellow Pages in the
Pharmacy section and see which ones offer compounding. Or contact
Professional Compounding Centers of America, 9001 S. Wilcrest, Houston, TX,
77099. Ph: 800-331-2498.  All of this information is on the label of my talc
jar. Cost is around $15.00.

The idea of melting the vaseline is so you can get a mixture. After meltdown,
I mixed it up with lanolin, and some of Spulocks teflon powder and it works
great!

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR