traveling/traveling/ traveling?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:55:13 -0500

At 07:07 AM 02/23/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Dale,
>
>Why are you screwing the action frame down?  I take it you mean the
>stack?  This is how I travel hammers although I often use Bill Spurlock's
>idea? of traveling the end shanks perfectly and then clipping a piece of
>wood such as comes with Renner parts on which I have drawn perpendicular
>lines with a square.  The lines make it easy to see shanks traveling one
>way or the other.
>
>David I.

I just sent to the pianotech list on e-group two pix of a clip
made out of music wire to secure the slat to the end shanks
for travelling shanks without hammers attached.

Lightweight, low profile, no extra storage space required.

I bestowed the tittle of R-clip on them in honor of the person
who told me about her cumbersome clamping arrangement.

Guess who...

Regards,
Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.