traveling

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 20:23:54 +0100

Avery Todd wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> At 12:21 PM 02/24/01 +0100, you wrote:
>

> My only thought here is that if the shanks/flanges you're using are going
> to need a
> good bit of traveling, hanging the hammers first with that method seems
> like it
> would be a good bit faster. No duplication of effort, i.e. traveling,
> hanging, then
> having to travel again. And in a factory setting, especially, speed (and
> hopefully,
> accuracy) :-) would be a big factor, I would think.

I am sure speed in a factory setting is of utmost importance. I am not sure
that either of these methods is inherently faster then the other, but then I am
admittedly inexperienced in the hang first approach. Seems to me that from what
I have read so far that both would end up about the same actually....

> > > . I've bought pre-hung hammers and there is a lot of traveling and
> > > burning to do once they are installed,
> >
> >No argument here... thats one of the reason I never buy prehung hammers.
> >Yamaha
> >and  Steinway included.
>
> But as slow as I am at hanging hammers, especially on a jig, prehung is
> "still" fasterfor me. I've only used Wally's and I'm getting ready to install
> my firstset of prehungfrom Yamaha.

Well like I said this was only one reason. I like to choose which hammers to
use for another, and this is becomming more important the more I delve into
Stanwoods thinking. Still another reason is the expense. Factory prehungs are
very expensive here.

>  > P.S. Does E for Effort count? :-)
>
> >Only if its an S.E.   :)
>
> ??????????? S.E.??????? Not familiar with this one.

S is for serious.... grin.