Grand regulating

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 06:25:03 -0500

Pricey is the key word here. Yes, that was my initial choice.......until =
I priced a slab of granite (about $700). Then I thought of a pool table =
- a high-quality junked one - take the slate out of it - that would =
probably be the way to go. I looked under all the rocks in my backyard, =
but did not find a pool table, so that idea went out the window. That's =
when I got a call from some guy who asked what he could do with an old =
Lester spinet. I told him I'd be right over and went out and hitched up =
my trailer. I was surprised to find how unlevel the back of a piano =
actually is. But some epoxy filler on the back beams and my six-foot =
flat sander straightened that puppy out real nice. Some oak and maple =
planking, some legs, and I have one of the flattest, best sounding =
regulating tables I have seen!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jolly roger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 10:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Grand regulating

  Hey Terry,=20
    a..                   If you want a really flat regulating table, go =
to your local tomb stone company, anf get one made out of slate or =
granite.   You could also have it inscribed on the reverse side, and =
take it with you when you go to the here after.  Pricey but it is not =
effected by the vargaries of humidity.=20
  Just a little over kill for a Sunday evening.  <g> And a morbid sense =
of humor.
  Roger