vertical damper springs

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:43:43 +0100

> And if you want to really get into it...hammer return springs and jack springs.
>
> Pianotek has a Correx gram tension gage for measuring to your heart's content.
>
> Regards,
> Jon Page,   piano technician

Ok, obviously I am missing something here. At least Jon was kind enough to supply
the fellow with a straight answer in addtion to seemingly support Willems line.

I dont know about you guys, but it seems to me that Damper return springs on
verticals  are like these really THICK springs and can easily impact touch in a
negative way. In any case its pretty common for me to run through these springs in
a basic touch regulation job for verticals..further this is like an easy job ...
takes little time at all, much like running through repetiion lever springs on
grands. Heck even jack return springs have been known to cause obvious touch
problems... what are we telling this guy .... I mean he writes in an honest enough
question... and two of our more respected names seemingly scoff at him ???

Whats the deal here ?? Maybe I need some more coffee or nose drops or something...
I hate colds...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.