vertical damper springs

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:47:42 +0100

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

> This goes to show, that you learn something new everyday on
> Pianotech. After
> 25 years in the business, I honestly had never heard of
> adjusting damper
> spring tension to adjust touch on a vertical. Thanks for the
> information.
>
> Willem

Grin... ok... now I know something is amiss... obviously a
failure to communicate... we are not useing the word Touch in the
same way... something... In anycase lets get on the same track
so'st , we can clear this up ok Wim ?

By way of example... you are in aggreement that if the damper
return spring is like wayyyy strong this is going to be easily
felt by the fingers, and that conversly being set as weak as
possible will feel like a big difference. ??

Related.... we are also in aggreement that the sooner the damper
spoon is set to come into contact the more apparent the above is
??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.