ETD Displays

Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:33:00 +0100

Greg Newell wrote:

> Richard,
>     The world is your oyster! Write one! I'm sure we'd all love to see
> it! I know I would {:>)
>
> Greg
>
> Richard Brekne wrote:

Grin.. I love it Greg... Thanks for like throwing the whole ball in my
yard.... BTW, I like my Oysters fried in garlic and butter... I am not
sure what the world would think of being treated that way...

Seriously tho..I suppose I will end up having to contract someone to do
this when I get rich and famous. Robert Scott said he could do it for
something under 3000 bucks last year... so I have a hard time accepting
the idea that this is like a really difficult programming task that
wouldn't work on toady's puters.

I gotta admit I see a lot of parallels between how present day techs react
to this idea of multipartial displays and how yesteryears techs reacted to
ETD's in general...

As for realization of this idea... it'll come sooner or later... so you'll
get your wish.  For now tho, you'll have to settle for seeing what
Verituner can and can not do. He at least seems unhampered with dealing
with more then one partial at at time.

I think I will drop this for now tho... I am sure I would get
argumentative again if I didn't... :) Still I started out with the
position that I thought there was some strange resistance among ETD
authors towards multipartial displays... and this last exchange simply
reinforces that standpoint.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.