DC stuff

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 08:51:27 +0100

Just a quick observation on Damp Chasers. We have 14 of these now
at the UiB. I was in a couple days ago to make sure all the tanks
were filled and noticed the following.

Three rooms had had the panel ovens turned off so the rooms were
quite cold. In these rooms the DC units had used nearly no water
in the ten days since I had been there last. Most of the other
units used about 2 liters of water in that ten day stretch. 2
pianos used nearly 4 liters of water. These last two were in
rooms where the heaters had been turned waaaayyy up and the
temperature was like around 35 degrees C.

Outside tempereatures during this time were around minus 2
degrees C.  and this building is not at all well insulated.
Outside Humidity was around 35 %

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.