Bluthner 1916 Action

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:36:09 -0800

I think you will find that if you regulate a Bluthner patent action
according to Bluthner specs for blow distance and key dip, the hammers
will be suspended above, not resting upon the rail.  If you try to make
the blow distance equal to the distance of the hammers resting on the
rail, the key dip will be both excessive and progressively greater going
from bass to treble, and the sharps will dip at or below the level of
the naturals.

Paul S. Larudee